Friday, March 13, 2009

Pew Pew Pew

I think we should all take a moment to congratulate blog follower Sara D on her first 10 (make that 11) pounds lost since she started reading and sharing with all of us. That is awesome and inspirational. You are now going to help me get motivated again, and I think that's important. We all need a support network. Sara I hope you rewarded yourself with a 10 pound indulgence. I have the sexy boots planned for me. What about you? A day at the Spa? A maid to do your spring cleaning? A hot new outfit?

I want all those things...

Thank you all for listening to me whine yesterday. I got back on the scale and through all this I have actually only gained back a pound. I can deal with a pound. Heck, I could get my hair cut and lose a pound (seriously there's a lot of it). I still don't feel great though and that's what I want to get back. I am back on the right track. I had a healthy dinner last night and when I felt like it wasn't enough I cut up celery and a cucumber. This morning I had a cup of good for me cereal with a little no fat milk. I did some leg stretches and lifts with weights last night and a little step this morning. I think I can I think I can..

Ok here's an embarrassing share story. I know there's some comic that has this in common with me so at least I'm not the only one but do legs over your head yoga poses give release gas for anyone else. I'm sitting there feeling all sexy and bendy and I lift my legs straight in the air, fine, and then they say bring them down over your head parallel to the ground. That's when it starts. I can't do those poses when the man's around though I'm pretty sure he would like them other than... that. I'm also petrified to go to a yoga class. I'm sticking to home yoga. I did a few light classes that never asked me to bend like that a few years ago so I have some basics.

I told you I'm honest.

Tell me a story.

Love,

Lula Mae

4 comments:

  1. Don't have the yoga gas problem...but have you ever heard of "runner's trots"? yeah...um...that's probably worse.
    and if you ever want to go to a yoga class, instructors usually tell you to skip "inversions" if you're menstruating. you could just give the impression that you're very, very fertile.
    This is kind of a gross comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAA I love it. I guess I could always take a preventative phazyme. I have never heard of runners trots but I think I can imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never do yoga in public...I share your fear, nor in private...my body is just not meant to do that :)
    i rewarded myself with a piece of birthday cake that day...my big reward will be to wearing a bathing suit this summer. I work at a summer camp and last summer I did not wear my bathing suit. If I can do that, then I will be happy.
    My goal is 15 by my birthday
    25 by the end of the school year...that will be tough and I dont know that I really can do it because I don't know if my body can be that thin, but I am going to try.

    ReplyDelete