Sunday, March 15, 2009

Atlas

The weather is getting warmer around here which is a good motivator for any of those who lost their New Years Resolution Motivation. I remember just last year when the man wanted to play Tennis with me, I was so embarrassed of my thighs that I bought these horrible long shorts, when I looked in the mirror I did not feel feminine or attractive and I just sobbed. By the end of the summer with a little exercise my legs slimmed down a lot. We went to play tennis one day and I looked down at my thighs and was not at all embarrassed. I didn't even try to make it happen, I was just trying to be healthy.

There are a lot of stresses right now that can bring anyone down. The economy, the change in seasons, getting older, etc. I know they're all taking their toll on me. I'm an optimist and I find it hard to get out of bed in the morning so I have no idea what it's like for a pessimist. It's time to get the adrenalin pumping every morning. Not only for our physical health but now for our mental health. My doctor has always told me that exercise can have an amazing effect on the mood. I think that if we all start of the day with a little bit of a boost maybe it will make work a little easier to get through.

I also think it's important that we are here to support each other whether it's through weight loss, illness, relationship issues or anything else that happens.

This is why I am kicking off an official website within the next couple of weeks. I will keep the blog and even have another perspective from my friend Phoebe, but there will also be other areas of the site that I think will be beneficial to help us all support each other. I will keep you posted.

Sorry for being all over the place today, I'm feeling a bit scattered. I am going to chill with the man and the kitties for a little while longer and then get on the Wii fit for a while.

I hope you're all doing well. If you have ideas for the new site please post them. Anything that you would like to see a focus on in any area of women's health. Any tool that might help you in your daily life, etc.

Much love,

Lula Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment