Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kick Me.

Hello again friends,

I have had a really hard time eating healthy since I got back from my trip. I have still not weighed myself because honestly I don't want to know. It's upsetting because I was on a really good track. I want to be on it again, it's just that initial motivation, that kick in the ass that I'm missing. I try thinking about the possibility of a high school reunion and how amazing I would like to look, doesn't work. I try thinking of children I want to have 5-10 years from now and how I want to be able to catch them, nothing. I am in this apathetic stage where I am just watching myself go downhill and hating it. I did manage to get healthy groceries so that when I'm home I have very little choice but to have a healthy dinner. Breakfast and lunch are sometimes questionable. My stomach has been a bit messed up lately so I'm afraid to add in too much fiber and ruffage. I can certainly eat better than I am without it, but what I'm doing isn't horrible. Why does the computer say ruffage isn't a word? Did my mother make it up or something? It has no problem with isn't and technically that's completely incorrect. But where was I before I went off on the English major tangent?

Oh yes. I did start back at school to finish up all my odds and ends, so that's good news. The man and I have started looking for a place together. It wouldn't be until September or August but we want to make sure we get exactly what we want and get our deposits in ahead of the students. I also got a lot of new HD channels for the same price with EXTREME HD (it came with a free helmet I think) there's going to be a pet channel in HD soon and I know the kitties will be excited. They love animal planet as it is so more kitties will be even better.

Ok so here's the deal. I need your help. I need a kick in the ass. I don't know if it's the change of seasons or stress at work or just general laziness but when I get home or when I wake up I cannot convince myself to work out. I know once I start that it will just get better and better.

Is anyone else having these issues right now?

Love,

Lula Mae

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there and get back on track ASAP, its never to late. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of your blog, I also started to lose weight and I lost 11 lbs. You are my inspiration! I know it's hard. I almost broke my arm today running when I fell, but it will all be worth it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't break your arm! Ok if you can almost break your arm I can at least do a lower body workout tonight. I'll let you both know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god, I hear you my friend!! I was on SUCH a good track before vacation in NOVEMBER, but then fell FAR off the wagon on vacation, then the holiday and here I am - afraid to step on the scale and having a hard time being motivated. But, I am trying to go back to the gym regularly, once I am in a routine of working out, I am much less likely to eat crappy food because then I feel like I wasted time earlier......maybe don't pressure yourself on working out AND eating healthy for a week or two and just focus on working out, then moving back towards your total healthy eating. I have found that if I put too much pressure on myself, I will go in the complete opposite direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does that mean we're going out for a drink tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I would love to however I do have plans tonight with some people I used to work with in Boston!! Pizza plans at that - so much for eating healty today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what about the 10 lb boots?? i suppose that's kind of seasonal and you would only have maybe 2 more mos of boot weather. hmmm...maybe find some hot sandals or flats you can work toward. or a pretty dress. i say pretty dress. like one that's a little bit too expensive for a normal clothing purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I will get those boots. The pretty dress can be 15 pounds. See, boots will be good no matter how much weight I lose so it doesn't matter if it's spring. I will wait for the hotness.

    I had healthy dinner tonight and I did a little weight lifting with my legs. I'll get back on the wagon. :)

    ReplyDelete