Friday, April 24, 2009

Too much Reality

I'm a little sad. Being the reality TV addict that I am I obviously Love Bethany from The Real Housewives of New York. I was very excited for her book. It seemed to have the same basic ideas that I have been getting behind. Eat healthy, exercise, sometimes you're going to give into a craving. Now, it does have good reviews for the most part but there are a lot of honest people out there who are saying not to waste your time, that Bethany is basically saying don't finish your meal (order steak and take 3 bites), she gives her diet log for a week that is about 760 calories a day when no one should really live on less than 1000 and that's a very small person. This is not the healthy eating strong woman manifesto that I was hoping for. Although, I may still buy it for her cocktail recipes.
In other news I am in no way interested in the book by the snotty Countess about manners. If you were wondering.

I did buy a new workout DVD to switch things up a bit and also some hand weights.
Again with the reality TV. It's sad, I know. Bob from the biggest loser always gets me pumped to work out and I know I need to focus on cardio since what I really want to do is burn the fat. This DVD is pretty cool. It's a 6 week boot camp that gets harder every two weeks, you can customize the workouts, and you can do them all in a row if you're feeling hardcore. I don't recommend that the first one had my butt in a lot of pain the next day.


So tell me, what's new with all of you? Any progress? New stories?

I was held back a little by an Ovarian cyst, I was in a lot of pain and working out wasn't very fun. I was also very bloated. For some reason when I look fat I feel like it's ok to eat bad food and it's a very vicious circle that I am just getting out of again. Eat right, exercise, want to be healthy. Come on now. I quit smoking years ago I can do this.

Take care,

Lula Mae

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're back! I was wondering where you've been. so sorry to hear about the cyst - i've heard those are really, really painful.

    stories, progress, hmm...i dunno. i've been trying to incorporate pilates and core strengthening into my regimen and have been using this dvd i got on netflix: http://www.amazon.com/Rael-Pilates-System-27-Isacowitz/dp/B00061QIU4
    I find it challenging but not impossible. Better than a lot of the other ones that i've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pilate's and core strengthening are definitely important. I took a few yoga classes here and there but I always get pissed at the teacher for putting me in such torment. I think maybe after my cardio DVD becomes less challenging I will pick up the Pilate's one and start working it into the routine. It's good to vary.

    Man the cysts do hurt. This one not as bad as the last one, and luckily it wasn't anything harmful, it just sort of shrunk away. The last one burst. Talk about pain. They told me to take ibuprofen. Jerks. I wanted good drugs.

    ReplyDelete