Friday, April 3, 2009

Fad no more!

Hello all -

I've started my burpees - day one was 6 (3, pause for 30 seconds, 2, pause, 1) harder than it sounds. Day 2 10 (4,3,2,1) Today will be 15. I'm a monstah! I don't know if they are something that I will do every day but I like them like I like jumping jacks. They get my blood pumping and make me feel alive all over really fast. I dig that.

I would just like to say that I disagree with this news story
I don't see an issue of fighting fat with fiber, eating protein, etc, but again the news is trying to sell America on a "new way of eating" when the tried and true way to lose weight and stay healthy is what we've heard since we were kids. Exercise and a balanced diet. Why the hell do we keep falling for all of these fads? I know why, it seems like there has to be an easy way out. It's possible for people to cheat at almost everything else in life. But fad diets don't last, plastic surgery is dangerous and unnecessary in most cases, and no matter what anyone says there is no magic pill. Some make you lose water weight, some pills for other things have side effects of weight loss for a little while but to really be healthy you still need to exercise and eat right. If you don't own up to it. I had the dollar menu from Wendy's yesterday. It was a weak moment and I caved, I own it and I will continue to own my stomach.

Sorry for the rant. I just want people to stop wasting money and time on things that aren't going to last. I'm not at my ideal weight yet but I feel like I know how to get there.

Take care-

Lula Mae

2 comments:

  1. I think we should create a diet and exercise plan that is really just healthy eating and exercising and market it as the new "fad diet." We would be rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we might be but at the same time I would feel like a criminal.

    Still...

    ReplyDelete